Why Should I Get Involved?
Opticks is an free and open source application. The best part of any open source project is the community, so why not join in? There are a variety of ways to get involved.
I'm a Scientist/Analyst/End-user, How Can I Get Involved?
Step 1: Connect
First, you have to connect to the Opticks community and here's how:
- Download the software, that's a good start.
- Have a question?
- Report any bugs you run across
- Is Opticks missing something? Tell us about it and put in a new feature request.
- Follow the latest developments
- Follow the rest of the community
Step 2: Collaborate
Now that you've connected, you can help grow and support the opticks community, here's how:
- Answer questions. It's one of the easiest ways to give back and one of the very best ways.
- Tell your friends
- Help anyway you can
- Have some sample data? Why not donate it to the community?
- Have some free time? Why not test the release candidates and let us know what problems you find?
- Know how to write documentation? Why not help improve the documentation and make it even better for the next new user?
I'm a Programmer, How Can I Get Involved?
- First, check out the above section for ways to get involved. It's a great list of ways to get involved that applies to everyone.
- Write an extension. Check out the Opticks Extension Development for more details on writing an extension.
- Fix an open bug or implement a new feature request. Check out Opticks Development for more details.