This extension includes the following Spectral processing capabilities which can be used to perform hyper-spectral and multi-spectral analysis with Opticks:
- An importer to load Landsat TM and Landsat ETM+ files into Opticks.
- An importer to load signatures from the ASTER Spectral Library.
- The following algorithms to convert an image from radiance to reflectance: Empirical Line Method (ELM) and Internal Average Relative Reflectance (IARR).
- The following algorithms to find signatures matches in an images: Spectral Angle Mapper (SAM) and Constrained Energy Minimization (CEM).
- A specialized "Signature Window" plot to display and manipulate signatures including the ability to generate signatures from a scene (either a single pixel or a user created Area of Interest).
- A specialized "Range Profile" plot to display and then manipulate signatures in order to better align them.
- A number of methods to resample a signature to match the wavelengths of an image before applying a signature matching algorithm.
- The capability to build libraries of many signatures which can then be exported to an ENVI Signature Library file.
- Some additional importers and exporters for both individual signatures and signature sets.
- The Minimum Noise Fraction Algorithm (MNF) in order to preprocess an image and remove extraneous noise in order to improve later signature matching algorithms.
- An NDVI (Normalized Difference Vegetation Index) algorithm to calculate the NDVI results for a hyper-spectral or multi-spectral image.
- A Spectral Library Match tool which provides the capabilities: (EXTRAS-109)
- Find the best spectral library matches for a user selected pixel.
- Find the best spectral library matches for each pixel within an AOI.
- Find the best spectral library matches for the average signature of an AOI.
- Display plots of a selected pixel signature and the best library matches.
- Display a list of the best library matches in descending order of the quality of match.
- Locate pixels in the spatial data view for selected library signatures in the displayed list of matches.
- Generate an average signature from selected library signatures in the displayed list of matches.
- Edit contents of the spectral library used for matching.
- An Rx anomaly detection algorithm that supports global and local statistics and uses the covariance method for calculation of the Rx values.
- A Spatial/Spectral plotting capability where the user may create one or more row, column, hline, or vline AOI objects and create a spatial profile plot of one or more bands. Additionally, a user may select a point and create row and column profile plots for that location.
Supported Opticks Releases:
Supported Operating Systems:
Support Requests: Community Supported. File bug reports/enhancements/new features info the Opticks Extras project.
How do I get started with Spectral?
- Download and install this extension. Learn how to install Opticks extensions.
- Display the "Spectral" toolbar if it isn't already being displayed. You can do this either using the "Session Explorer" docked window or the "View->Toolbars" menu on the main menu.
- Look under the "Spectral" toolbar for all of the above mentioned processing algorithms.
- In general for these algorithms to be beneficial you will need to load hyper-spectral or multi-spectral data and specifically this data should have "Wavelength" information associated with each band. After you load an image, you can go the "Elements" tab of the "Session Explorer" docked window and right-click on the loaded image and select "Properties". On the "Wavelengths" tab, you should be see values for one or more of the following: "Start", "Center", "End".
Spectral Processing Extension 1.9.0
Scheduled Release Date: Spring 2014
This will be a new major release. This release will work with the upcoming 4.12.X releases of Opticks.
Spectral Processing SDK Downloads
This extension includes its own SDK that provides static libraries with some utility functions. This can be useful for other extensions to use that wish to leverage some common spectral processing code.